Wow, this is pretty exciting to be nominated again for an award. I really appreciate it. It seems like some people out there really like my blog. And this makes me so happy 🙂
Thank you so much, Lifestyles with Lia, for nominating me for the Liebster Award.
Here are the rules for accepting the Liebster Award:
- Post the award on your blog (Done)
- Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog (Done, and please go check it out!)
- Write 11 random facts about yourself (Oh my…)
- Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
- Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions
Oh my, there we go again… 11 random facts about me… I already struggled with the 7 I had to come up when I got nominated for my “One Lovely Blog Award”. Go check my post out, if you want to know with what I came up there 🙂
So let’s do this again:
1) I love to have some quiet time every now and then. I do not get this often, but I appreciate it, when I have it.
2) I hate cleaning. But I also hate it when it is dirty. And when I get upset I tend to start cleaning. And then I get more upset because I hate cleaning. And if I don’t clean and look around I get annoyed about me, because I did not clean and I think it looks dirty… Don’t get me wrong, it is not to a point where I call my self a cleaning freak…
3) I love the sun on my skin. I am a red head but I am lucky enough to not burn easily.
4) I love the wind in my hair.
5) I love the salt on my skin after swimming in the ocean (but I also love taking a shower afterwards…)
6) I sometimes miss my horse and riding her… and it makes me still sad thinking back to that night 13 years ago when she had this major colic and when I lost her…
7) I love coffee but I can not handle a coffee in the morning. I need a tea first. But it has to be an Earl Grey…
8) I love eating and I love cooking and I love good wine.
9) I think I have the best kids ever!
10) I believe I have the best husband ever
11) I feel like my nominators 11 random facts were so funny! Unfortunately I sort of don’t manage to follow suit…
And now I sort of lost track of what I have to do next… Hang on…
Ah I see. I admit I did not check how many followers they all have. I know that some of them are really new to blogging too, so I hope I did the right thing. I just enjoy their blogs. I also tried to mention some new ones (and not the ones I’ve mentioned before in my picks of the week again). So here are my nominees:
And now to Lifestyles with Lia’s questions:
1. What is your favorite snack food? If I have fresh fruits at home, I would say fresh fruits or then vegetables. But I tend to snack on chips and chocolate too. Just depends on the day 😉
2. What is your favorite room in your house/apartment? The kitchen. I think everything comes together in the kitchen. We have a big bench and the kids draw there while I am cooking. They also have a little corner right next to the kitchen, where they can play or hang out. But no matter what, everyone is sort of drawn into the kitchen when either me or my husband cooks. So it develops into a family room sort of… And it is a place of creativity. That’s what cooking is about, right?
3. What is your favorite dish that you know how to cook? Difficult to put one down… My husband loves to cook and he is the one who cooks special meals. Because he wants to and because I cook the day to day meals. So probably everything he cooks. And everything he bakes!!! But I love a good bowl of spaghetti (plain or with which ever sauce we’ve just made) and I could eat it all day long… We always cook. And we almost always make things from scratch. And I think we do a really good job in doing so…
4. What is your favorite holiday/special event to celebrate? I love Christmas. But it sort of feels different in Down Under. It is summer, you know. It’s not getting dark until late so all the lights and candles are not really doing what they are supposed to do… Or what I was used to. But it is the kind of slowing down and thinking and then the get together and the meals and of course decorating the tree. And baking cookies :-). Besides Christmas it is the day I’ve met my husband (for what we thought was the first time). We celebrate this day. And in our books it is our big anniversary to celebrate. He usually cooks a crazy meal for the two of us and the kids and the kids try to spoil us. I love having them involved 🙂
5. What is your favorite shape of pasta? I love all kind of pasta in every shape. But when I eat spaghetti I can sort of not stop and I always take seconds, thirds or even more. Whereas with other pasta shapes I can easily stop… Weird right?!
6. Who is your favorite Disney character? I love the new Disney movies and the characters. I love Rapunzel in “Tangled” and Elsa and Ana in “Frozen” and Merida in “Brave”. I like how nowadays the girls are much stronger. They actually don’t need the guys anymore. They can take care of themselves and they sort of save themselves. They are strong girls and this is what I want my girl to grow into. Kind of: It is nice to have a guy around but you can do just fine without one.
7. What is your favorite month of the year? I don’t have a favorite month, I think. I like them all. Every month brings something special. Maybe the start of a different season, school holidays, warmer or colder weather or a special holiday. They all have a lot to offer…
8. What is your favorite cooking/kitchen smell? Baking maybe… and I know it sounds weird after I mentioned that I can not drink coffee first thing in the morning, but I LOVE the smell of fresh coffee in the morning… I love all the cooking smells, it makes me excited for a good meal 🙂
9. What is your favorite outdoor sound in nature? Do I have to pick? I can’t… The wind in the branches of trees… The rolling thunder of waves but also the the sound little waves make when they sort of caress the sand on a beach, birds singing. The sound a river makes, the sound a little creek makes… Sometimes the calm of nature. You know what I mean? If you get up really early and you go for a walk and it is just quiet? Or when snow falls? It is quiet, right? I love this as well. There is so much, so many sounds in nature. I love all of them. And I feel it is important to stop and listen. To stop and take a deep breath and smell the air. It smells different, wherever you are…
10. What is your favorite kind of weather? Weather. Just weather. I love it all. And here we get it all. From cold to crazy hot. Sometimes in a day. I can not pick. But I can tell you that I miss big thunderstorms down here where we live. I love thunder and lightening. And unfortunately all we get here is one or two lightening and then one big boooooom and that was it…
11. What is your favorite era in history? I hope it will come up. I am hoping for a time where the world will be peaceful. Where we no longer have to worry about who is killing who and who is going to war against whom. But I guess this is not really in humans nature unfortunately… History shows, right…
And now for my 11 questions to you guys:
1. If you could turn into someone else for a day, who would this person be?
2. What do you prefer: Full moon and a beach or full moon and a mountain (snow covered or in summer)?
3. What is the most important advice you would give yourself if you could travel back in time?
4. If you would be cut of the rest of the world where would you like to be an with whom?
5. What scares you (really scares you, freaks you out)?
6. What makes you really happy?
7. I you could give one advice to your kids (and you know that this is the only advice you are 100% sure they will follow), what would it be?
8. What is your favorite movie?
9.. What do you enjoy the most writing your blog?
10. What is your favorite season of the year?
11. If you could be a movie character, who would you like to be and why?