Oh my! The awards keep arriving at my doorstep! I’m not sure how I deserve all this attention but I for sure enjoy it.I decided to combine the three nominations in one post as they basically arrived at the same time. Please be patient and keep reading there will be a little surprise at the end…
First of all, thank you so much, From The Soul To The Nib Of The Pen, for nominating me for the Brotherhood Award. I first felt slightly confused and wasn’t sure if I can accept it as I’m clearly not a brother 😉 But then why not, right?
So here are the rules for this award:
1) Thank and link back to the person who nominated you for the award. Done
2) List the Rules and Display the Brotherhood of the world Award logo to your post and/or blog. Done
3) Answer the questions set to you and then you may create your set of questions for your nominees.
4) Nominate around ten other bloggers and let them know about the award.
And here are the questions I got asked:
1. You are given the responsibility to bring global peace, how will you do that?
By sticking to it and not let money get in the way…
2. Did blogging improve your life in any way?
Yes, I finally write again, which makes me feel great. I have to say though that I feel like I’m not moving as much as I used to anymore 😉
3. You can do anything you want for 3 hours, what would you do?
I think I actually already basically do what I love to do all the time.
4. Reading or writing, given you’ll be paid for reading?
I used to be paid for writing and I would love to go back to this point again. I love writing.
5. An idea of a perfect life?
6. You can travel back in time, what year you would choose and why?
I’m pretty happy to live now. I don’t think I would want to travel in time.
7. Space, Solitude, Silence. Choose one and why?
Don’t know if I would like any of them… I love having people around me and the exchange. However, I also need my space, my solitude, some silence from time to time. Can’t choose only one.
8. Is there life elsewhere in universe?
Of course. Why would it only be for us? Maybe it’s a different kind of life, something we don’t consider to be life. Maybe that’s why we have not yet discovered it. Or maybe it’s just so extremely far away… But there is something else out there.
9. You have to plan a surprise for your best friend, but you are broke. What will you plan?
A big hug, an honest smile and I would be there for him/her when needed. Best gift ever.
10. One of your friends, with whom you were not in contact for many years, meets you somewhere and starts cursing you. How will you tackle the situation?
I would ask if she/he still suffers from Tourette…
The questions I’d like to ask my nominees are the following:
- What makes a friendship with you special?
- Would you rather sing or dance?
- What makes you cry?
- What makes you laugh?
- What makes you feel numb?
- Do you hate or dislike?
- If you could ask one question to God (or whoever you believe in) what would it be?
- What do you do when you feel grumpy?
- What’s your reaction to a bad haircut?
I will get back to my nominees at the end of this post…
Thank you so much, Ritu, for nominating me for the Creative Blogger Award. I appreciate it a lot and I appreciate you as a blogger heaps. Always a pleasure and great inspiration to read you posts.
To the rules for this award:
* Display the Creative Blogger Award logo on your blog. Done
* Nominate blogs and notify all nominees via their social media/blogs
* Thank and post the link of the blog that nominated you (very important). Done
* Share 5 random facts about yourself to your readers. I feel like I’m running out of them…
* Pass these rules on to your nominees
My random facts:
- I’m not a good shopper. I either need to know exactly what I want and where to find it or I will just be lost. I can’t just go out with the idea of shopping and go from store to store. Just don’t like it…
- I would love to like shopping 😉
- I often think about starting a bucket list but I really don’t know where to start…
- I often think I prefer summer over winter. Until I’m in summer or winter and I realize how much I love both.
- Fall is definitely my favorite season of the year.
And now to the rules for this award:
- Post it on your blog. Done
- Add the Encouraging Thunder logo. Done
- Grant other bloggers the award.
- Mention your purpose in blogging.
- Thanks the person who nominated you. Done
My purpose in blogging? I think that’s not an easy question to answer. It’s like asking someone what his or her purpose in life is… I think you can’t really answer that. Is a purpose something you can define or is it something that is given to you and you sort of provide to others? I often ask myself this question. I guess first of all I’d like to write. And if I can inspire someone by what I have to say in a written form then I’m happy. I like the exchange and communication in general so if this is happening I’m happy too. In a way I would love to leave something behind. A little trail of my thoughts for my kids to read one day and maybe understand a little bit better who and what their Mom was all about.
And last but not least a big shout out to Grubbs n Critters for nominating me for the Sisterhood of the World Award. A brotherhood and a sisterhood award in one post! How very awesome :-).
And the rules for this award are:
- Provide the link to the person who nominated you, linking their blog to your post. Done
- Answer the 10 questions given to you. Just refer to the questions above and pick any 10 you wish to answer.
- Pass the award on to 7 other bloggers and let them know they have been nominated.
- Include the Award Badge in your post (choose either one of the above!) Done
I have to say that I was trying to figure out which questions I was supposed to answer. I think they kind of got lost. But I thought I might just answer the question that were asked to Grubbs n Critters as well. They will be the question to my nominees as well.
- Tea of Coffee? (Estelea): Tea in the morning for breakfast, coffee any time after that…
- Highlight of this year (Estelea): Every single kiss and hug of my children (and my husband too)
- Favorite Quote or Book (Estelea): You can read it here or here or here.
- Where do you source your inspiration from whether it be in life or writing? (Tiny Expats): Nature, my family and articles, posts, blogs I read. Sometimes it’s something someone says, something I see. Or just a feeling too.
- What is your favorite color and how does it inspire you? (Tiny Expats): Well, if I say black you probably don’t expect an explanation about how it inspires me… It doesn’t. I just think I look pretty good in black. But I like a bright pink (neon pink) too. It’s just a strong happy color.
- What is the last book that you read and how did it make you feel? (Tiny Expats): It was a cookbook and it made me feel really hungry and eager to try out the recipes… (Check out Delicious Ella)
- Where were you born? (Ritu): In Switzerland
- How many countries have you visited? (Ritu): I think 17… (Italy, France, Spain, Austria, Germany, Hungary, Liechtenstein, UK, USA, Mauritius, Australia, Switzerland, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia and Brazil). And planning to visit more…
- Can you play an instrument of? (Ritu): I’m totally awesome in pretending to be able to play instruments…
- What one thing is guaranteed to make you cry? (Ritu): Movies like “Inside Out”
- What would you say is your favorite restaurant? (Ritu): I prefer my husbands cooking to any restaurant.
- What is the word/phrase that you use way too much? (Ritu): It depends on who you ask. If you ask my children it’s probably “Time to brush your teeth” or “time to go to bed” or “time to go home” or “Your friend(s) need to go home now”. If you ask my husband it would probably be “It’s there” or “right over there” or “I’m here”. For my dogs it would be “Stop it” or “come here now”. For me it’s “I should not eat this but I do it anyway…” 😉
Uff… Done. Now the only thing missing in all of it for each and every award are the nominees. And here we go again.
Let’s have a blogger meet & greet my style!
- I would like you to mention a post of another blogger that you think deserves one of those awards.
- Let me know which award you think that specific blogger deserves and which post made you think of this blogger.
- By nominating a blogger for an award you’re automatically nominated from me for the award you would like to be nominated for the most.
- Please visit the blogger mentioning another blogger and the mentioned blog and choose 3 comments to do so.
Now go, there is plenty of work waiting for you 😉
Have fun and a good start into this week…