Just to mention it right now: This is not your usual Award acceptance post. There is more! So read all the way to the end (speed reading or skipping is totally allowed too, if you want to do that…)
Not only is it a gorgeous, sunny day outside but the sunshine does not stop there. I’ve been nominated twice and more or less at the same time this week for the beautiful Sunshine Blogger Award. Thank you so much Inspiring Max and Kyrosmagica for nominating me.
As always there are some rules to follow when accepting a blog award. So, ladies and gentlemen, here are the rules for this sunny, bright and warm award:
- Thank the person/people who nominated you Done 🙂
- Answer the eleven questions from your nominator(s) On it 🙂
- Nominate eleven other bloggers and give them eleven questions to answer Will do…
And here are the questions I’ve been asked. First of all, Inspiring Max’s questions as he was slightly faster with nominating me:
- Where is your favourite place you have lived?
Definitely has to be Australia. Although I’ve loved living and growing up in Switzerland. I just love living in Australia, so close to the beach with its hot summers and nice winters.
- If you could change one thing what would it be?
Change one thing in the world? In life? One thing in general? I’d say I would change all the hatred into kindness.
- What is your favourite childhood memory?
Playing in our big garden in fall.
- What is your dream job?
I’m living it. Being the mom of really great kids and being able to write (well… none of it is paid but who knows… maybe one day…)
- What was your best subject at school?
Languages. I loved learning languages.
- Do you prefer to live in the country or the city?
I think I have a pretty perfect mix. Where we live it feels like you’re out and still, the city is only 30min away. But I’m definitely more of a country girl and always will be.
- If you were stranded on a desert island which celebrity would you take with you?
Bear Grylls… Hey, it’s all about surviving, right? Someone needs to build that shelter and take care of our food and getting rescued…
- Everyone has a song that makes them want to dance, what is yours?
Can’t really put a finger on it. There are many out there.
- Favourite colour?
Bright pink :-)… and black. But I was once told black is not a color…
- Do you prefer camping, caravaning or staying in motels?
Give me a toilet and I’m pretty happy. There are good sides to all of them.
- How many different careers have you had?
Not that many… Maybe just one before becoming a mom. But that’s fine.
And here are Kyrosmagica’s questions:
- Have you ever had Christmas in Australia? Or if you haven’t, do you think you would like your Turkey on the beach?
I’ve had 8 Christmases in Australia and never had Turkey on the beach 🙂
- What is your favourite ice cream?
I’m still in the process of trying them all to figure that question out 😉
- Do you like comic books? Did you have a favourite as a child?
Always loved Calvin & Hobbs but that only started when I was older.
- Are there any unusual customs or idiosyncrasies in your family?
No, we are generally a bit weird…
- Do you ever read in the bath? Or in any other strange places?
Nope but I listen to music.
- If you could have an unusual pet what would it be and why?
It would have to be a unicorn. Or a dragon. Yep, I’d like that. Why? Good question. I think we would get along pretty well and they would suit me… And it would be fun to ride both of them…
- Have you ever been snorkeling? Deep sea fishing? Scuba Diving? Sailing? In a Beach volleyball team? Shell collecting? Fishing?…. etc….
Yes, no, no, yes, no, yes, yes. And I definitely prefer snorkeling and shell collecting to many other activities.
- Do you have a favourite season or time of the year?
Fall. Always. I love fall!
- Are you good at keeping secrets? Or are you a bit of a gossip?
Not the gossip kind of person. But I might discuss a secret with someone if I find it needs to be discussed in order to help someone.
- What is your favourite book? Genre?
A good crime story or a romance story with heaps of humor in it. And a happy end. This girl needs happy endings.
- Do you like to collect anything? Or have you done so in the past?
Not really. Having said that… my husband recently asked me why I collect the corks of the sparkling wines I’m drinking…
Well, that was fun 🙂 Love the questions bloggers come up and answering them.
Here are my 11 questions:
- What did you learn today?
- What is the most important advice you would give the younger you if you could go back in time?
- What makes you laugh?
- What’s the most important question to ask?
- What makes you cry?
- What’s the most valuable lesson you’ve learned so far in your life?
- Rocket ship or Submarine?
- Would you rather build a house on a mountain top or on the beach?
- Which superpower would you like to have?
- If you could, would you steal the moon and who would you give it too?
- If you had to, which of your senses would you give up?
As always I struggle the most with nominating. There are so many bloggers out there that deserve this award because they bring sunshine in my little world each and every time I read a post of theirs.
So as it is the beginning of spring down here and on top of it a gorgeous day, I’ve decided that there’s only ONE way to do this right:
The rules are easy:
- Comment on this post and in short words describe what your blog is all about.
- Leave a link to your blog
- Also in your comment answer one of the questions I’ve been asked
- Please also don’t forget to visit others who might have already commented
I will pick then choose 11 of you as my nominees.
Now, enjoy the rest of your weekend 🙂