Have you ever heard of the WaKuWafu Award? No? Me neither. But obviously it exists in this blogging world as I’ve just been nominated. Thank you so much, Butch, for considering me and of course I’m more than happy to accept it. I always like to know what the awards stand for and because it’s actually difficult to figure it out just by looking at the name in this case I decided to do some digging. So here is what the creator of this award, Wakuwafu, had to say about it:
“The idea behind this award is to motivate other fellow bloggers and to act as a token of appreciation- just as we ourselves felt motivated and really felt good about what we do. It is a small gesture that we hope goes a long way. One other thing we will be doing however, when the award is awarded, we will be posting a link to the nominated blog on our own website, so that people can actually find these blogs. I feel that there are so many awesome people to chat with who are blogging too and it can be hard to find people easily, so I hope through this people who want to find new bloggers can do so more easily- just comment on the Wakuwafu award page when you receive it and we will put up a a link to your blog. The rules of the blog won’t be too long, but they will let you get to know one another more!”
Sounds good, right? So let’s get to it…
Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who has nominated you and provide a link to their blog. Done
- Choose any 3 things you would like to say about yourself to your fellow bloggers. Okay…
- Think up 3 questions you would like to ask the people you nominate. I love it…
- Give one piece of advice to your fellow bloggers. Oh boy…
Three things I’d like to say to you… about myself… that you don’t already know…
- Whenever both of my kids are out of the house I feel a bit lost. I honestly don’t really know what to do with myself. Although I usually look forward to not having to provide them with food and entertainment all day and make plans, I usually suddenly end up sitting there wondering what I could do. And then I might end up cleaning (I hate it) or doing the laundry. Or I bake something…
- I hate moving
- I miss my kids when they are not with me…
Here are Butch’s questions and my answers:
1. Do you prefer a bath or a shower? why?
I prefer a shower. I used to like taking a bath but I found over the last couple of years that the bath tubs in the places we lived in were either too small or too big and I was never really comfortable in them. Hot shower it is. Or a cool one when it’s really hot outside.
2. Stylish fashionable clothes or just what ever fits and is clean? why?
I’m not big into fashion. I’m a Jeans and t-shirt girl and always was. I do love to “dress up” when we have friends over or go out but it’s usually rather casual. Why? I guess it’s just who I am.
3. Big house with lots of room or small house with limited room. why?
How about a middle size house with outside space? To be honest I think you can make a beautiful home out of everything. In my perfect world our house would be big enough for the four of us. That means that the kids each have a decent sized room, we have a decent size bedroom and there is an additional room for my husband to have his office in. If there is a part in the house the kids could use as an additional play or game room it would be fantastic. I like the idea of having space outside. To be outside and for the kids to run around. I feel that if the house is too big you spend a massive amount of time cleaning it or you hire a cleaner. And if there’s four of you you kind of lose each other in a huge house. I grew up in a big house. I loved it but I’m not sure if I would like to have one.
My advice to bloggers? Stay true to yourself in whatever you do!
Here are my nominees:
And here are my 3 questions for you:
- Your favorite home cooked meal? What makes it so special?
- Camping or hotel? Why?
- If you’d win in the lottery, what’s the first thing you’d do?
Have fun and can’t wait to read what you have to say 🙂