Let’s play a little question and answer game and I dare you to join in too (well, if you like). Let’s answer 100 questions nobody ever asks. I found out about this list thanks to a blogger who follows me and I follow but I can’t remember who it was (please give me a sign). Back to the 100 questions. Here are my answers. What about you? Are you up for it?
1. Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed?
Closed! Always closed. Not sure why. It’s not as if it freaks me out or so, but I just like it closed.
2. Do you take the shampoos and conditioner bottles from hotels?
Sure do. Not all though. I take the ones I like home and use them for our guests. I think it’s a good way to make them feel welcome. It’s nice if you arrive after a long trip and you have everything there to take a shower without having to unpack or go shopping first.
3. Do you sleep with your sheets tucked in or out?
I don’t like it when I think I can’t move. I like the sheets that cover me loose. And one of my feet needs to be out…
4. Have you stolen a street sign before?
I have not stolen one but I was given one…
5. Do you like to use post-it notes?
Oh yes! This picture would have been me a little while ago. But I ran out… And decided to go on a “post it note” detox. It was hard. It worked. I no longer use them. And I forget a lot… Like who it was that brought me over to the original post of 100 questions nobody ever asks…
6. Do you cut out coupons but then never use them?
Nope… That would be a waste, right? But then, I might simply forget to use them… (see above)
7. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of bees?
Now this is a tricky one… Here are my thoughts: In theory, if I throw myself on the floor and pretend I’m dead I might survive a bear attack. But most probably I get mauled anyway… I can’t outrun the bear and I can not climb a tree to escape it. And I guess it would chase me in the water too… Oh, hey, that might be it! If I get attacked by a swarm of bees then in theory I should be able to shake them off if I get to water… So maybe the bees would be the better option. But then… they are so fast and only imagining what all those stings would feel like and do to me makes me shiver. Let’s still go for the bees, as I might find a lake or a river or something close by and actually being stung by many bees still seems the better option than being shredded in pieces by a bear…
8. Do you have freckles?
9. Do you always smile for pictures?
I try hard to but I’m not comfortable when I know someone takes a picture of me. My kids and my husband have their tricks now…
10. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Intolerance and taking “ownership” of a person. You know what I mean? When people behave as if someone belongs to them. Like a partner or a friend. Maybe you can call it being controlling too…
11. Do you ever count your steps when you walk?
Yes, I sometimes do. I also own a Fitbit but I rarely use it these days as charging it drives me nuts… Why is it that we count steps, actually? Do you guys know how long your average step is? I mean can you actually measure distance if you count your steps? I’m trying to figure out why I sometimes count my steps… maybe it’s a left over from our childhood when we learned to count and I guess making us count our steps was an easy way to practice counting?
12. Have you peed in the woods?
But of course I have! I grew up in the mountains and we went on many hikes. And of course the horse rides. There were no toilets out there back in the days…
13. Have you ever pooped in the woods?
That I have managed not to do so far… that also means that I never properly went camping either…
14. Do you ever dance even if there’s no music playing?
Yes of course. Happy dance or just out of fun 🙂 There’s always music playing in your head… at least in mine 😉
15. Do you chew your pens and pencils?
I used to. Not anymore… I do play with them though until they break…
16. How many people have you slept with this week?
Hey, that’s a very private one. Was waiting for something like this… Like sleeping with eyes closed and out dreaming or sleeping with all senses on high alert?
17. What size is your bed?
Big enough to fit 4 people and two dogs sometimes…
18. What is your song of the week?
Can’t tell you just yet, it’s only Monday now, but my song of last week is this one:
19. Is it OK for guys to wear pink?
Of course. Why not?
20. Do you still watch cartoons?
21. What is your least favorite movie?
All kind of horror movies…
22. Where would you bury hidden treasure if you had some?
Not going to tell you, otherwise it doesn’t make sense to bury it in the first place, right?
23. What do you drink with dinner?
Water and sometimes wine…
24. What do you dip a chicken nugget in?
Ketchup… Or BBQ sauce…
25. What is your favorite food?
Everything my husband cooks… In general I love salads and vegetables, meat and pasta. And potatoes…
26. What movies could you watch over and over again and still love?
Inside Out, Rise Of The Guardians, James Bond movies and now I just went blank…
27. Last person you kissed/kissed you?
My husband, just now…
28. Were you ever a boy/girl scout?
Nope… Did not exist where I grew up…
29. Would you ever strip or pose nude in a magazine?
I don’t think so.
30. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper?
A couple of weeks ago…
31. Can you change the oil on a car?
I could but I don’t want to.
32. Ever gotten a speeding ticket?
33. Ever ran out of gas?
34. What’s your favorite kind of sandwich?
You can pretty much give me everything in a sandwich as long as the bread is a good one.
35. Best thing to eat for breakfast?
My homemade granola with some Greek yogurt and fresh fruit… Or a runny sunny side up egg with some homemade rösti (hash brown) and bacon…
36. What is your usual bedtime?
I go to bed too late… but before midnight. Need an early night tonight…
37. Are you lazy?
I don’t think so…
38. When you were a kid, what did you dress up as for Halloween?
When I was a child we did not celebrate Halloween in Switzerland. I think I would have dressed up as a witch though…
39. What is your Chinese astrological sign?
I’m an Ox… : “Oxen used to be capable farming tools in agricultural society, which attach to the symbol of diligence, persistence and honesty. They are probably tardy in action, but industrious and cautious. Most of them are conservative and hold their faith firmly.”
40. How many languages can you speak?
German, Swiss German, French, English. Need to freshen up my Italian and Spanish… and still like to learn Portuguese.
41. Do you have any magazine subscriptions?
42. Which are better: legos or lincoln logs?
What? Do you mean the Lego toys? I love Lego, if they are not spread out and I step on them…
43. Are you stubborn?
Oh yes, I am…
44. Who is better: Leno or Letterman?
Can I go for Jimmy Fallon?
45. Ever watch soap operas?
Sure, everyone needs to watch soap operas and if it’s just to know that you don’t miss out on much…
46. Are you afraid of heights?
I am in a way. The weird thing is that you will get me to go up everything. But the going down is usually an issue…
47. Do you sing in the car?
Yep, until my kids tell me to stop singing 😉
48. Do you sing in the shower?
49. Do you dance in the car?
50. Ever used a gun?
Ready for the next half? Here we go:
51. Last time you got a portrait taken by a photographer?
When I was in school… And it was the annual school portrait. I’m not really into having protraits taken by photographers. But then sometimes I think maybe I should…
52. Do you think musicals are cheesy?
No, I think musicals are amazing. Maybe they are cheesy, but hey, why not? Life is too serious, so why not get a little bit of happy time in?
53. Is Christmas stressful?
It should never be. I think it kind of gets stressful just because you want to do it right but then you need to remind yourself what it is about. And slow down.
54. Ever eat a pierogi?
I don’t think so, but it looks delicious! It sounds like a ravioli…
55. Favorite type of fruit pie?
They are all super delicious!
56. Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid?
Pilot, first female Bundesrat (our head of government…), Princess, race horse breeder, actress, singer (had to give up on this very early on…), waitress, marine biologist… the list could go on and on…
57. Do you believe in ghosts?
Yes, I do.
58. Ever have a Deja-vu feeling?
Yes, I do.
59. Do you take a vitamin daily?
Nope, but I think as winter is approaching I should start vitamin-ing up…
60. Do you wear slippers?
Nope, socks or barefoot it is.
61. Do you wear a bath robe?
62. What do you wear to bed?
63. What was your first concert?
64. Walmart, Target, or Kmart?
Target and Kmart here in Australia. All of them in theory…
65. Nike or Adidas?
Depends on which one I like better. I’m not a brand junky (well, I love my Lululemon’s…)
66. Cheetos or Fritos?
None of them…
67. Peanuts or Sunflower seeds?
Why not both?
68. Ever hear of the group Tres Bien?
Nope… French or Canadian?
69. Ever take dance lessons?
I took Salsa lessons once and would love to do it again… this time with my husband…
70. Is there a profession you picture your future spouse doing?
Happy with my husband so no future spouse in the picture… 😉
71. Can you curl your tongue?
72. Ever won a spelling bee?
No, but I would have probably if we would have had spelling bees in Switzerland back then…
73. Have you ever cried because you were so happy?
Sure thing. Multiple times… especially after giving birth to my children.
74. Own any record albums?
Yes, but they are back in a box in Switzerland…
75. Own a record player?
Yes and it’s also back in a box in Switzerland…
76. Do you regularly burn incense?
I have my essential oil lamp. Does that count? And I actually came across a cool little thing that I use now in our home. Check it out here:
77. Ever been in love?
Very much so… and still am.
78. Who would you like to see in concert?
U2… with all the old songs.
79. What was the last concert you saw?
Foo Fighters 🙂
80. Hot tea or cold tea?
Both but cold tea home made… less sugar.
81. Tea or coffee?
82. Sugar cookies or snickerdoodles?
83. Can you swim well?
Well enough to feel safe and comfortable in the water.
84. Can you hold your breath without holding your nose?
Yes, but it needs some focus…
85. Are you patient?
See, that is a good question. I know I am in certain situations but then in others I’m not…
86. DJ or band at a wedding?
We had a fantastic DJ at ours.
87. Ever won a contest?
Yes 🙂 Nothing big but it sure makes you feel good.
88. Have you ever had plastic surgery?
No, and it’s not something that is on my agenda. I would never do it unless it’s necessary for some sort of reason.
89. Which are better: black or green olives?
I love them all…
90. Can you knit or crochet?
I can do both but enjoy crochet more. It’s due to the person who taught me back in the days. She managed to get me to the point where I actually dislike knitting very much. Talking about being a “good” teacher…
91. Best room for a fireplace?
Living room. But if you would put one in each room for me I’d take that too!
92. Do you want to get married?
Not again as I’m happy with the man I’m married with. Maybe we can renew our vows but I’m not planning on finding someone else.
93. If married, how long have you been married?
15 good years.
94. Who was your high school crush?
Let’s not talk about it 😉
95. Do you cry and throw a fit until you get your own way?
Never… (you’re not going to ask my husband, right?)
96. Do you have kids?
Yes, two beautiful children.
97. Do you want kids?
I’m done 🙂
98. What is your favorite color?
It really depends on what. Car? Fabric, cloths, nature? I love to wear black and some shades of red. I love turquoise and pink.
99. Do you miss anyone right now?
The ones that can no longer be with me. But I do carry them in my heart.
100. Who are you going to tag to do this next?
Everyone who feels like answering the questions.
It was fun but I have to say besides the pee and poo and sleeping with questions I have asked most of them before. What about you? What question would you like to ask that you think nobody ever asks? Put them in the comments, I might answer them 😉