If you are reading my award posts and you are not a blogger you might wonder what this blogger award thing is all about. Well, I can tell you what it is about for me: Appreciation. Some one out there actually thinks that my blog is worth being mentioned and being given one of the blogger awards. Although I will not have a real trophy to put up in a cabinet I still love to collect these little tokens of appreciation.
Thank you very much MakeItUltra, for nominating me for your very own Blogger Award. What an honor to accept it, especially after reading what you made this award all about:
The MakeItUltra™ Blogger Award is an award given to bloggers by bloggers for quality content, originality and presentation. The intention of this award is to encourage connectivity and support in the blogging community and to increase exposure for individual bloggers.
Let it sink in, please: Quality content…. Originality… Presentation…
Okay, I had my moment…
To the rules:
If you have been nominated for the MakeItUltra™ Blogger Award and choose to accept, write a blog post about the MakeItUltra™ Blogger Award in which you:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog on your blog. Take a moment to positively promote the person who nominated you.
2. Display the award on your blog by adding it to your post and/or displaying it using a widget on your page (Save the image to your computer and upload it to your blog post).. Don’t forget to use the tag #MyUltraAward when you make your post!
3. Answer the following MakeItUltra™ Blogger Award questions.
What is your name?
Oh, let’s just keep calling me Momma, okay?
Where are you from?
Well, I’m from Switzerland but my home is now in Australia, so I’m from Australia. All the way in the South.
How long have you been blogging and why did you start?
I started blogging in September 2014 because I just wanted to write. I had no clue how much it would actually give me. It’s been a fantastic journey so far and I truly enjoy the interaction with all of you out there. Over those months sharing my thoughts and reading yours I learned so much and I made so many fantastic connections. I’m honestly looking forward to so many more in the future.
What are you most proud of?
My children. The way they are, the personality they have. I’m proud that we were able to guide them in a good way so far. I’m proud to see how they learn, what questions they ask, how they treat others and also that they stick up for themselves, for us and for each other. I’m proud of myself too. Yep, I am. For having evolved. For not dealing with certain situations the way I used to deal with them but for always looking forward on focusing on the solution rather than the problem. I’m proud of my family as such. We are a very tight knit family and I love it.
What are your blogging goals?
I’d like this place to be a place you love to visit. Like a welcoming home. A place you feel comfortable and happy but also a place where people are not afraid to have an opinion and to voice it but in a friendly and constructive manner. I’d like this blog to be around for a long time and provide readers with a comfortable, warm feeling. A good feeling. I’d like my readers to take something away from visiting my blog. A smile, a thought, an inspiration… something positive.
How do you spend your free time?
Blogging, writing, being outside in nature, hiking, on the beach. With my kids, with my friends, taking the kids to dancing, Taekwondo, soccer, play dates, birthday parties and so on. Catching up with friends. Sometimes I love to sit on the sofa and just binge-watch my favorite TV show or movies. Those days are rare though…
4. Nominate 1-8 blogs that you feel deserve the award and provide links.
As always I find it incredibly hard to nominate bloggers. There are so many of you who inspire me on a daily base so I might add nominees on the go. I’m aware that not all of you accept blogger awards, so please don’t feel like you have to. See it as a sign of my appreciation for what you do.
5. Provide 5 random facts about yourself (optional).
- I can touch my nose with my tongue
- I love my daily workout (I miss it at the moment, need to get my back back in normal mode…)
- I don’t like cruelty
- I’m scared of heights in the sense that you can get me to go up everything but when it comes to go down I struggle. I would not bungee jump, do face down abseiling or any other of those cray things by free will…
- I’m fascinated by snakes and any kind of reptiles but I’m really scared of Emus. It’s the way they look at me…
6. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.
7. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the MakeItUltra™ Blogger Award and provide a link for them to your post.
You do not need to be nominated to make nominations!