It seems to be the time. The time I get my little nods and pats on the back from all of you. There’s another Award in my virtual cabinet now, another beautiful gesture. This time it comes from a blogger I’m yet to discover myself. Actually, it was so interesting to read her acceptance post, the answers she gave and the facts she shared. It’s fun to read things like this when you don’t “know” the blogger just yet. Thank you so much, Wordsmith Observations, for nominating me for another Liebster Award 🙂 I truly appreciate it and I can’t wait to read more from you over the next weeks and months.
I’m actually excited to answer Hannah’s questions. So here we go:
What is your favorite thing about blogging?
The fact that I can connect with people all over the world. Like-minded people who I would not have met most probably in real life. It’s the exchange that inspires me, the stories they tell that put a smile on my face or make me think about life. And it’s being able to share my thoughts with people out there who want to read my posts.
What is your least favorite thing?
In general? Or when it comes down to blogging? In general it’s seeing my kids cry, being sad, sick or hurt. Blogging… If I have to read how people struggle but there is nothing I can do to really help them.
What are you most passionate about?
My family. They are my life.
Now see, that is a tricky question! I’m not sure if I have an clear answer for this question. Is it too wishy-washy if I say my thoughts in general? Because this is really what it’s all about. The things that make me think at the very moment, my thoughts about what’s going on in this world at this instant, the way I see and experience life.
What makes a good blog?
All the blogs I consider great blogs have one thing in common: They all seem to be written from the heart. I believe that like with food you can feel the love that goes into a blog. You get the vibe of the person that writes the posts through their words. A good blog in my eyes is written by a blogger who sticks to who they really are. Don’t fake it!
Any tips for teenagers growing up in this generation?
Put your devices down and look up! There are people out there and connecting is much more than a like on Facebook a re-tweet or whatever else. Read a real book, watch a real sunset, pick a real flower, smell the fresh grass, go on walks, feel the wind in your face. Sit down on a bench and watch the clouds. Do it by yourself or with a friend or a crush. Make real memories! And be kind…
Your favorite show/movie?
I love Amazing Race, Criminal Minds, NCIS (all of them), Hawaii 5-O, The Flash, Marvel’s Agents Of Shield… Masterchef… The Project… Major Crimes, Psych and Republic of Doyle.
Movies… I love all kind of so called “kids movies”. You know like Inside Out and Rise Of The Guardians. They are my favorite ones still and I got and still get lots of inspiration from movies like the two mentioned.
If you could do anything career wise what would you do?
I’ll be a bestselling Author 😉 Or maybe a successful inspirational speaker…
Dogs or cats?
How can you possibly choose? We have two small dogs and a cat. The cat thinks he’s a dog too and the dogs probably see him as a dog as well. But he is most definitely a cat. A crazy cat and I believe he is a bit of a lemon. A very sweet lemon but a lemon. He turned blind at one point and nobody really knows why. But it’s amazing to watch him get around easily. The three of them are one big family and it shows, that you don’t need to be of the same race and speak the same language to get along…
Your favorite place you’ve ever traveled to?
I think there’s no place I traveled to and stayed at I did not like… I love the parts of the USA I’ve been to, I love what I’ve seen of France, Austria, Germany, Italy and Spain. Hong Kong was pretty impressive. Australia is definitely a wonderful country and Brazil too. I can’t really pick…
Favorite type of music?
Again a tricky question… I love every kind of music that gets to me. It can be a Moby song, or a U2 song, a Corrs song, a Aretha Franklin song, Robbie Williams, Frank Sinatra, The Crows or Metallica. Country, Rock, Pop… I either like a song or not 🙂
I even like this one…
Now, okay, time for me to come up with some random facts:
- I sing just like this girl does but I do not scream. And that’s why you would never buy a ticket for a concert of mine…
- Although I can’t really sing I actually once got a A- in singing. Because I was the only one in my class that did not refuse to take the test…
- I once hit a truck with my car… nobody got hurt. At it was not my fault…
- I think my daughter is actually the only one in the family who can sing. Shhh, don’t tell my husband…
- I just asked my dogs if they can help me out with random facts about me… as much as I tried, I can’t understand what they are trying to tell me…
- I do talk to our animals. I always did. I had the best conversations with my horse back in the days.
- If I get prepared for a meeting or a presentation or a job interview I often talk to myself before. I think it helps…
I think I should stop now. You might think I totally crazy if I continue…
Now before I get to my questions, let’s do another blogger award party thingy. The ones of you who follow me for a while know that I like to invite you all to share you links in the comments below and hopefully make some great new connections.
Now let’s add some rules to the fun:
- Answer at least one of the questions below in the comment
- Add a short introduction of your blog
- Share a link to one of your posts
- Check out at least two of the other blogs that share their links
- Consider yourself nominated for this award if you share your link
- Write a post about this award on your blog, following the award rules.
It’s a happy place so be kind 🙂
To my questions:
- What’s the most embarrassing thing that has every happened to you?
- What’s your favorite sport to do?
- What’s your favorite sport to watch?
- The most beautiful place you have ever visited?
- If you could go on a trip, all expenses covered, right now, where would you go?
- What is the number one advice you’d give to your children?
- What’s your favorite dessert?
- What makes a true artist?
- The most annoying TV ad?
- The best TV ad?
- Do you remember your first heartbreak song and what was it?
Now let’s network 😉