You know that feeling when you read something and a song pops up in your mind right away? It just happened to me… “Walking on sunshine…” I’m singing it while typing…
This week is a celebration week. My blog is turning 2 tomorrow and it actually feels like you guys are sending gifts over this week in the form of blogger awards. This one is the third I receive in only a couple of days and it puts a huge smile on my face. Thank you so much, Domestic Diva, for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. You have such a lovely blog and I’m not surprised that the color yellow is your favorite color. It shines through your posts and you blog. A warm, happy color!
Let’s see what Domestic Diva would like to know:
- Why did you start blogging?
I just wanted to write. Write my heart out basically. Share my thoughts about life, about being a mother, about stereotypes, about homeschooling, about the world.
- Give one suggestion to your readers for improving at blogging?
My only suggestion is: Connect! I find blogging is all about connecting. It’s doesn’t really matter what you write about. If you head out and read the posts you are interested in and you leave comments behind you will connect. People will come over and read your posts too. You will see that you will attract like minded people. It’s truly all about reaching out and staying connected. Networking. It’s what it’s all about, don’t you think? And it’s what I like so much. All the connections I have made over the time. I think of many of you out there as my virtual friends. I feel the connection we have. And I know that one day we will meet in real. One day, one place.
- Which is your dream destination?
There are so many beautiful places I’d like to visit or re-visit. I love Hawaii. I would love to travel to the South Pacific Islands. I love the Caribbean. I love New York. I would love to head to Alaska. I would also love to see more of Spain, France and Italy. I would love to travel to Vietnam and Japan. And also Canada. I have a long list and hopefully will tick destinations off one after the other over the next years…
- How can you promote World Peace?
I think there are many little things we can do. Each and every single one of us. It starts by teaching our kids to be kind. It starts with being kind.
- What is your favorite book and why?
Every book that takes me in. That takes me to another place, maybe another time. That makes me dream and engage.
- Which is your favorite chocolate and why?
There are so many chocolates I love. But there is this one thing we have in Switzerland and I can’t get down here in Australia and it’s called Schoggi Stenggeli. It’s like a chocolate finger in a way… Love it! But I also love a Ferrero Rocher… I love chocolate…
- What gift do you want for your next birthday?
One of my husbands fantastic home cooked dinners. And maybe a glass of bubbles 🙂
- Which is your favorite cuisine?
Italian, Vietnamese, Mediterranean in general… Oh, why am I even trying… I love food. I love good food, home made food, comfort food, yummy food. Food.
- What is your one suggestion to improve my blog?
I don’t have any suggestion. I think your blog is great the way it is. I find that blogs evolve over time. They kind of shape themselves. And we have to let them. Same with your blog. It is shaping itself and what I’ve seen and read so far is perfectly fine 🙂
- What is your favorite part of the day ?Why?
You know what, it actually depends on the day. Sometimes it’s the early morning. Sometimes it’s early afternoon, sometimes it’s the evening. I love sunsets. But I also love to sit in the sun in the afternoon or in the morning. I love how quiet it is early morning compared to the rest of the day. Every single moment of the day has its good sides. I can’t pinpoint it to one specific moment.
I will pass this one on as I’ve been slightly naughty with the other two. But I’d also like to invite you to head over to my anniversary post and share a link to your blog. Mix and mingle with everyone else there.
So here are my nominees (I understand if you are award free, please don’t feel obliged and just see it as a shout out for the great blogging you are doing):
Here are my questions to you all:
- What is your current feel good song?
- What do you struggle to say no to?
- What would (or was) your first question to a potential boyfriend or girlfriend be who is taking your kid out for a first date?
- What’s the one thing that you do that you would like to stop doing?
- What did your Mom tell you constantly that made you roll your eyes?
- Which celebrity would you want to be stranded on a deserted island with and why?
- Who would you like to tell off right now and why?
- Who would you give a huge pat on the shoulder right now and why?
- What are you proud of at the moment?
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Thank you all for your support and all the fantastic posts you guys constantly write. If you have not done so just yet, head over to my anniversary post and share your link there 🙂