There are blogger I frequently interact with who always make me excited when I see their Gravatar popping up. Excited because I know there will be either a good exchange waiting for me, a link to an interesting post being shared or just a pat on the back waiting for me. Rob is one of those bloggers. Not only do I find great posts on his blog but his comments often lead to many thoughts being shared. Today he surprised me with a blog award. And it’s an award that I have not yet received.
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging and they do it with so much love and passion. – Okoto Enigma
Rob, thank you so very much for nominating me. To be honest, this is most likely the biggest compliment in regards to my blog I have ever received! If you are not a follower of Rob’s wonderful, inspiring and motivating blog, that is thought provoking, educational and interesting for sure, please head over there and pay him a visit. You will not be disappointed. So, thanks my friend, I really appreciate it!
Now let’s see what is in for me here… I’m curious…
Rules For The Nominees:
- Display the award logo on your blog. √
- List the Rules. √
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog. √
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well. √
- Tell your readers three things about yourself. Okay
- Answer five questions from the nominee. √
- Nominate anywhere from ten to twenty bloggers. Alrighty then…
- Notify the bloggers by leaving a comment on their blog. Got it…
- Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice, including one weird or funny question. Got it…
- Share the link to your best post. Wow, that’s not an easy one…
Three things about me, hey… let me think…:
- I don’t know all the answers but I believe in myself
- I wish I would have danced when I was a child. I’m talking about dance classes… I love to dance and I wish I could move like some of the dancers move…
- I would have loved to be a marine biologist…
Here are Rob’s questions (well actually Laurel’s, which are so great that Rob decided to use them again…):
- Would you jump in front of a bus for a complete stranger?
Yes, I would. It’s sort of a no brain-er. Wonder if it is a good thing though… I mean, I have children. And they are not grown ups. So would it be the right thing to do? And what if the person I risked my life for is as mean as it can get??? Well… I think it’s one of the things you have a theory about. I feel very strongly that I actually would do it but who knows if I would really jump in front of a bus for a stranger when the moment arrives…
- If a neighbor was a hoarder and lived in unsafe and unhealthy conditions, would you ignore it or take action? If you did, what would it be?
I would try to make my neighbor see that it’s not safe and not healthy with a gentle approach. In the end though I would have to leave it up to them. I would not force them into something they are not comfortable with. I would for sure try to help but in the end they are responsible for their lives and will need to make the decision. It’s like trying to get an addict to stop using. Hording is an addiction. The decision needs to be made by them. Otherwise you will not get anywhere…
- If you could go back in time and change one day in your life, which day would it be and why?
There are days in my life I think could have gone a different direction. But to be honest, I still wouldn’t go back and change anything. I think one thing leads to another and I would not be who I am and where I am today if it weren’t for the things I went through. I had a pretty good life so it’s easy to say and I understand everyone who feels the need to go back and change something. I believe that I would change a lot more in changing one day, one action, and I’m not sure if it would be worth it. Actually scratch that! It would not be worth it.
- What is your favorite word?
I think it’s a sentence at the moment and it’s “let’s do this!”
- The weird question: If you knew you could get away with it, would you rob a bank?
No. Unless I really would need to. Funny that this question comes up today. Yesterday we watched an episode of “Blue Bloods” in which a guy robs a bank because he needs the money to buy a transplant his child desperately needs to survive. I guess you can never say never and certain circumstances make us do things we would never do if we would not see no other option. If the life of one of my kids would be at stake, I would. If it would be just for luxury I would not. It’s not me. I’m a honest person and stealing is not honest.
So I’m supposed to share the link to my best post… Well, see, I’m with Rob here. I believe I have not written my best post yet. I wonder if I will ever think of a post of being my best post or if I will continue waiting for it. But let me ask you guys: Do you have a post you consider to be my best post so far? If yes, would you mind sharing it with me in the comments? I would love to see which ones you liked the best so far…
And now to my nominees… who to pick… who to pick… Here are some of the many I think deserve this award. I know your blogs might be award free but please, just see it as a token of my appreciation for you, what you write about and all the support and inspiration you offered me over the time.
Out An’ About
But I Smile Anyway…
All In a Dad’s Work
Just Plain Ol’Vic
An Armchair Perfectionist
Our Rumbling Ocean
I choose the same questions for you I had to answer. I’m looking forward to reading your posts. Enjoy the rest of your day and I read you soon 🙂